Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gettin Real Tired Of Your Shit, Huntington

Seriously. You're like an neglectful boyfriend, HLC. "I'll call you on Tuesday!" you promise. I wait around all weekend, to no avail. I cry into my pillow at night, "What did I do wrong? Why don't you want me? Was it something on my resume??" Tuesday passes with no word from you, so I call on Wednesday, heart in my throat. But my call goes to your voicemail. I leave a short message, ending it with my number - to be sure that you still have it, and so that you can't use not having my number as an excuse not to call me. Pretty soon I'll be standing in the rain outside of the Learning Center, holding a sign that says "CALL ME". Don't make me do that, HLC. Don't make me.

Okay, so, dramatics aside, Huntington Learning Center has to get their shit together. I might work at the Lego store or Victoria's Secret part time instead. I really would prefer to not work in retail again though, such bad memories from Express *shudder* Save me, Huntington!

I'm slowly working on the JET application package. It's gonna be so tedious to put everything together. I've asked my old music teacher to write one reference, and I'm thinking of writing to one of my old bosses to get the other reference letter. My mom is the cutest. She helped me brainstorm who to ask for a reference, and then while she had free time working at her school she drafted an email I could send to my old music teacher (since he's now the principal of her school). I'm really thankful at how supportive she is. I really have to start writing out my Statement of Purpose asfjkadl; They haven't released some big parts of the application yet, though, like a questionnaire I have to fill out online and then print out and sign and make copies of, and a medical form. I wish they'd release all that stuff now so I have more time to work on it and get it together.

I think this blog should be re-titled "Learning Patience" because I need some of that stuff right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment